City board meets Wednesday – will hire new police chief, administrator
By Kim Swindell Wood | June 4, 2019 3:58 pm
Sparta Board of Mayor and Aldermen will face a rather lengthy agenda during its June 5 meeting. Of particular interest will be the hiring recommendations for police chief and for city administrator. Interviews were conducted Tuesday, June 4.
AGENDA FOR SPARTA BOARD OF MAYOR AND ALDERMEN
Meeting: 5 p.m., Wednesday, June 5
Meeting has been rescheduled from Thursday, June 6, because of the Kellie Jolly Harper Welcome Home event
(1) Approval of the Minutes of the May 16, 2019 regular meeting.
(2) Resolution# 19-542- A Resolution amending the City of Sparta Human Resources Manual, Section XI, Part A, adding a travel policy.
(3) Reports from Department Heads.
(4) Approve hiring recommendation for City Administrator.
(5) Approve hiring recommendation for Police Chief.
(6) Approve hiring recommendation for Office Manager – Electric/ Public Works.
(7) Approve hiring recommendation for Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator – Sewer.
(8) Approve taking applications for Skilled Laborer – Street Department.
(9) Approve volunteer Firefighter application.
(10) Approve purchase of 1500 KVA transformer through TVTBG for Tri-State.
(11) Approve bid for Building Materials for Police Department Evidence Building.
(12) Approve purchase of a JWC Grinder (Muffin Monster) for Mayberry Pump Station.
(13) Approve Chemical bids.
(14) Approve Rock & Gravel bids.
(15) Approve Hot Mix bids.
(16) Authorize taking bids for a new fuel system.
(17) City Recorders’ Financial Report.
(18) Property Tax change of assessments.
(19) Other NEW business.
(20) UNFINISHED business.
(21) Citizen Comments from Sparta Citizens (3-minute limit)