Fall Carnival a great success at Woodland Park Elementary
By Bobby Lee McCulley | September 25, 2017 6:34 am
(1) Everyone enjoyed the parade around the yard.
(2) Kurt Dronebarger, director of schools, took his turn as a target in the dunking booth.
(3) Thanks to Hickory Valley Volunteer Fire Department, kids enjoyed a ride around the neighborhood onboard a fire truck.
(4) Bounces houses provided plenty of entertainment for the kids during the Fall Carnival.
(5) A wide range of animals were on hand for the petting zoo.
(6) Thanks to the abundant amount of items available, the silent and live auction raised funds for Woodland Park Elementary.
(7) A face painting station was quite the hit among the children.
(8) Rides around the parking lot aboard a cleverly designed four-wheeler pulled train was a hit with the kids.
Students, faculty, parents, children, and young-at-heart enjoyed the many festivities, on Sept. 22, at what has become an annual tradition. Woodland Park Elementary School’s Parent-Teacher Organization has hosted an annual fundraising event that has become known as the Fall Carnival.
Each year, a wide variety of family fun entertainment is set up around the property at Woodland Park, while items are available for bid inside the school during the silent and live auctions. From bounce houses to the Hickory Valley Volunteer Fire Department fire truck rides, a dunking booth, face paintings, and balloon animals, there were plenty of activities for everyone to enjoy.
This year, classrooms and the different grade levels at Woodland Park put together numerous baskets filled with goodies that were available during the auctions.
The large crowd of spectators enjoyed plenty of concession food items as they took part in the festivities and various fundraising activities. The funds raised from the Fall Carnival are donated and used to help in various projects at Woodland Park Elementary School each year.
Woodland Park PTO organizers, school administrators, and the numerous volunteers would like to thank everyone who participated or played a role in making this year’s Fall Carnival a great success.