Fire caused by electrical short

By | June 30, 2008 12:00 am

Volunteer firefighters responded to the scene of a fire Tuesday afternoon where a barn was engulfed in flames.
According to Paul McCormick, chief of Mt. Gilead Fire Department, firefighters responded to 380 Iris Drive, at approximately 2:30 p.m., June 24, about a barn that was “heavily involved,” which is reference to a full-fledged fire. McCormick said the barn belonged to Jack Robinson, who resides at the same address.
McCormick said there was an electrical short in the meter box, which is reportedly the cause of the fire.
McCormick said the fire was completely under control by 5 p.m., and emergency services personnel cleared the scene by 6 p.m.
Others assisting at the scene included Doyle Fire Department and members of Sparta Fire Department, as well as White County Emergency Medical Services.
PHOTOS BY GREG ENGLAND

           

 

 

 

No comments yet.


The comments are closed.

© Copyright 2019 | Sparta Live