General elections are scheduled for Nov. 6, early voting begins Oct. 17
by Rima Austin | August 27, 2018 8:32 am
State and federal general elections will be Nov. 6. During the primaries, voters elected the U.S. and state officials who will run in the general elections
Several offices are up for grabs on this year’s ballot. These include the U.S. House (6th District) and U.S. Senate, Tennessee House (43rd District), and Tennessee Senate (15th District). Locally, the City of Doyle will be holding elections for mayor and aldermen.
“I don’t have the ballots yet, but it won’t be too long before I have those, and we can start publishing those,” said Marcum.
Early will voting be Oct. 17-Nov. 1. The deadline to register to vote in the general elections is Oct. 9. Early voting days and hours are as follows:
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Tuesday, Thursday: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m.-noon
Following are the candidates for the general election 2018:
State and federal general election:
- Governor – Bill Lee (R), Karl Dean (D)
- U.S. Senate – Marsha Blackburn (R), Phil Bredesen (D)
- U.S. House 6th District – John Rose (R), Dawn Barlow (D)
- TN Senate 15th District – Paul Bailey (R), Angela Hedgecoth (D)
- TN House 43rd District – Paul Sherrell (R), Les Trotman (D)
City of Doyle election:
- Mayor – Wayne Kress, Ray Spivey
- Aldermen: Raleigh Barger, Timothy Brock, Carolyn S. Poole, Jerry Rogers, Dwayne Simons, Connie Yates Spivey
Any questions can be addressed to the White County Election Commission office located on the second floor of the courthouse or call (931) 836-3671.