Harness arrested after crash

By | November 2, 2017 7:40 am

After running her vehicle off the roadway, crashing into a fence, and coming to a rest in a field, a Cookeville woman has been arrested.

According to a report by Tennessee Highway Patrol, 25-year-old Megan G. Harness, of Cookeville, has been charged with driving under the influence-first offense, possession of a controlled substance, failing to exercise due care, and failing to carry and exhibit proof of insurance.

On Oct. 27, at approximately 9:17 p.m., White County E-911 dispatchers received a call about a single-vehicle incident on Old Kentucky Road.

Multiple agencies from White County responded to the scene. Upon arrival, emergency responders found a white 2008 Nissan Sentra in a field just off of Old Kentucky Road.

Tennessee Highway Patrol responded to the scene and conducted the investigation.

According to the incident report filed by THP Sgt. Jeremy Austin, the Nissan Sentra driven by Harness was traveling southbound on Old Kentucky Road. The vehicle reportedly left the roadway on the left side and struck a fence, continued down an embankment, and came to a rest in a field.

Harness reportedly suffered injuries from the crash and was transported by White County Emergency Medical Service to Saint Thomas Highlands Hospital. After being treated at the medical facility, Harness was transported to the White County Justice Center.

While emergency responders were on the scene, a portion of Old Kentucky Road was closed. A White County sheriff patrol vehicle was positioned on a hill blocking the road.

One vehicle, with only the driver in the vehicle, was parked on Old Kentucky Road in front of the patrol vehicle waiting for the road to reopen. However, a second vehicle, with just the driver in the vehicle, reportedly came over the top of the hill at a high rate of speed and collided into the back of the waiting vehicle and forced the vehicle into the side of the sheriff patrol vehicle, causing a second incident.

The sheriff deputy was not inside the patrol vehicle at the time of the incident and was uninjured. Emergency responders worked quickly to secure the scene and rendered aid to the two drivers involved in the second incident, who were ultimately transported to a local hospital.

The second incident is still under investigation as of press time.

No comments yet.

The comments are closed.

© Copyright 2018 | Sparta Live