Is martial law coming to White County?

by | October 12, 2017 6:57 am

Dear SpartaLive,

The 9 Oct 17 edition of the Sparta Expositor informed White County citizens that Marine Special Operations Forces intend to conduct military surveillance and raid training in White County. This will all be done under the cover of darkness without revealing the type or level of the training to White County citizens. As a retired US Army lieutenant colonel who worked in the Pentagon US Army Operations center, I am deeply concerned about the potential impacts on our community if this is allowed.

In my opinion, as we do not have full knowledge as to who is really doing this “training,” we need to ask ourselves if this could involve the use of “secret” mercenary-type contractors.   (Blackwater type companies come to mind).   Could our families be in danger if someone is accidently dropped onto your property by a “black ops” helicopter in the dead of night firing a weapon at your home, even if they are using blanks?

You as a citizen should ask yourself some questions about this – some may include the following:

(1) Why is this “training” being done? Is it to pre-position military for the imposition of martial law? (military rule over civilians).

(2) Is it possible that if the military takes over, your Constitution and Bill of Rights are not valid – including your 2nd Amendment right to “keep and bear arms?”

(3) Will the next step be to begin removal of all guns that civilians own for our “safety?”

(4) Could it be that if you resist you will be considered an “enemy combatant” and are whisked away never to be heard from again?

If you are concerned about keeping control of your government and weapons, please contact your county   commissioners, sheriff, state senators, and representatives and Congressional representatives and senators and let them know that we as Americans do not want this type training on our farms, forests, or in our streets. Our military already has a place to train for combat operations – it is located in Fort Irwin, California, in the Mojave Desert, and is called the National Training Center; it is NOT located in White County, Tennessee.

Respectfully submitted,

Al Klee

comments » 12

1. Comment by MEG

October 12, 2017 at 7:51 am

Al Key, Any comment I have would go against your book of New York qualifications.

2. Comment by Jeana Hill

October 12, 2017 at 8:20 am

Last comment in Klee’s letter says “it is not located in White County, Tennessee”. I read the article and it said this would take place in the city of Sparta. I know this is nit picking but maybe they have a deserted area that they are going to utilize.This hasn’t concerned me but instead makes me feel a bit more confident that our military is going to try to assess what damage could occur in a small town if we were attacked. I’ve lived in this county for most of my life and I’m armed to protect myself and my family. I’m not worried about someone taking my guns and ammo. I’m worried about the liberal sect that wants everyone to be “equal”. I’ve worked since the age of 16 (helped open the Sonic, in 1977) and have paid taxes all my adult life. Now I’ve grown tired of trying to keep so many people on disability and those who just won’t work. Sorry I’ve gotten off subject. Thanks for allowing me to express my thoughts.

3. Comment by Mark Dodson

October 12, 2017 at 8:50 am

I don’t understand the article says marine Special Operation Forces does that not say who’s doing the training there is also and Military Tower and training area in the city limits of Sparta it’s a fairly large area this is probably where they’re doing the training and it’s somewhere new to the boys training to give them different settings or unfamiliar places to train better I’m a former Marine myself and anybody that is doing the training will not drop in and or do the wrong thing toward their own American people because it would mean they have to follow it to and most Marines like their guns and weapons it’s a way of life for them

4. Comment by Jarod Wall

October 12, 2017 at 9:03 am

No Martial law is not coming to Sparta. It’s just training and no training rounds (blanks) cant hurt you. Unless your inside of like a foot from the barrel of the rifle. And no it’s not contractors even if it was you will Al be fine…. This type of training was my job in the Army at Ft Irwin as a OPFOR Infantryman. I suspect they are coming here because it is cheaper than flying all there gear to California where the formal training grounds are at 29 Palms

5. Comment by Budd

October 12, 2017 at 10:15 am

White Co. was used by Gen George S. Patton for military maneuvers in WWII. The terrain here is useful for training for places that are mountainous. There is a historical marker on Hwy 70, showing that fact. In WWII it was Germany/Austria. Where the military planners are training for in this one, I wouldn’t care to guess. The marines mean wherever it is, there will be a body of water. (Thus, using Center Hill Lake makes this area an ideal place.) I hope to get to see some of the maneuver in action.

6. Comment by William Anderson

October 12, 2017 at 1:56 pm

Hypothetical points with no real reason to assume them clearly intended to take advantage of recent media and incite a reaction from certain people . . . Hmm Al you trying to work up to cnn? MARSOF is going to train in sparta and you jump to them potentially taking our guns? Trust me the guys in the marines and especially the guys that made it to special operations would never come to your door and confiscate weapons and if you allow me the same type of latitude you took in this article i’d say most of the military would land on the side of pro 2nd amendment.

7. Comment by Dawn Kirk

October 12, 2017 at 10:50 pm

Mr Klee! Thank you. We, my husband and I totally agree!! This is profoundly disturbing. We will be contacting those you’ve mentioned.

8. Comment by Dawn Kirk

October 12, 2017 at 10:53 pm

Lastly if this was occurring under a democratic administration people would be up in arms about “they’re coming to take our guns.” It’s not ok with me regardless of the political affiliations. Think about it folks. Think.

9. Comment by Tonya

October 13, 2017 at 5:39 pm

Mr Klee, you should be ashamed of yourself. Your total and lack of information has scared some Sparta residents. You are a County Commissioner and you should not be causing panic. Get all the details before you post something. Your letter, especially your title is rediculous. SHAME ON YOU!!!!!

10. Comment by Troy Smith

October 13, 2017 at 9:53 pm

The Blade Runner sequel is playing in Cookeville. Does this mean that the government is manufacturing replicants who look just like humans to kill and replace everyone in the Upper Cumberland? Blade Runner is based on a novel by a guy who died in 1982… the same year the original Blade Runner came out! And IT played in Cookeville, too! What more proof do you need? Contact your city council members at once, and tell them you are opposed to being murdered and replaced by robots. and that if you are, you do not approve of liberals trying to make all robots equal, because that’s not how the Good Lord rolls.

11. Comment by Protect Yourself From Surveillance

October 15, 2017 at 3:20 pm

Learn how to keep someone from surveilling you.

12. Comment by Debra Rowlands

October 23, 2017 at 7:18 pm

I see updated information which suggests the person who pitched this “training” did so under fraudulent circumstances, or at least misrepresented himself. You all owe Lt. Col. (retired) Klee an apology.

The comments are closed.