Komen Race for the Cure Upper Cumberland celebrates 10th year

by | September 7, 2018 5:51 am

The Susan G. Komen Central Tennessee Affiliate has been active in the Upper Cumberland for 10 years partnering with community supporters to end breast cancer. Komen’s Race for the Cure is a key fundraiser for our Komen Central TN Affiliate which leaves up to 75 percent of all monies in the region the Race for the Cure is held. The remaining 25 percent of these monies go to fuel the research to find better treatments and cure breast cancer.

The Breast Cancer Survivor of the Year is Karla Hill. Karla was diagnosed and treated for Stage 1 Breast Cancer. She is now a cancer free survivor. She works with Averitt Express in Cookeville. She is active with her family in Life Church, a charter UC Komen Community Ambassador and an active volunteer in the community.

The Komen Race for the Cure Honorary Chair is Nashville’s Fox Anchor Erika Kurre. Erika is an Award-winning Anchor & Reporter for Fox 17 News in Nashville with Regional Edward R. Murrow, EMMY and Associated Press Broadcasters Association honors. Both will be leading our Survivor Parade at the event on September 22, 2018.

The Susan G. Komen Foundation is second only to the U.S. government as the largest source of funding for breast cancer research in the U.S.   Komen is on the leading edge of breast cancer research that is saving lives. One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime. This is why we run.

This event is family friendly, there is something for everyone! Come Pinked Up! Costuming, shopping, food and celebration are huge parts of the fun. Register to race, volunteer, or donate online at www.komencentraltennessee.org

Upper Cumberland Race for the Cure: Saturday, Sept. 22, 2018

TTU Golden Eagle Golf Club, 1700 Country Club Dr., Cookeville

Activities begin at 7 a.m. – 5K, & 1 Mile Fun Run begin at 8 a.m.

Komen Central Tennessee also hosts two other regional Race for the Cure events:

Greater Nashville Race for the Cure is Oct. 27, 2018

Chattanooga Race for the Cure is Oct. 14, 2018

REGISTER for ONE or ALL Races at www.KomenCentralTennessee.org

Komen contacts for more information Sponsorship contact: Tony McBroom, direct (931) 303-3034 tmcbroom@komencentraltennessee.org

Cookeville Contact: Karla Clarke, direct (931) 510.-6924.

No comments yet.


By submitting a comment you grant Sparta Live a perpetual license to reproduce your words and name/web site in attribution. Inappropriate and irrelevant comments will be removed at an admin’s discretion. Your email is used for verification purposes only, it will never be shared.

© Copyright 2018 | Sparta Live