Four residents displaced in Sulllivan Knowles Road fire, Red Cross called

Posted By | July 11, 2019 1:03 pm

Fire damaged a residence at 2833 Sullivan Knowles residence this week. Firefighters from several departments assisted at the scene. (Photo by SENIOR FIREFIGHTER BRANNON RANDOLPH)

Volunteers from the South Group Automatic Aid were dispatched  July 8 to a structure fire after smoke was reported coming from a residence on Sullivan Knowles Road.

At approximately 9:07 p.m., firefighters who arrived first at the scene found fire in the rear of the house at 2833 Sullivan Knowles Rd.

Approximately 15 volunteers from Mt. Gilead, Doyle, and Central View volunteer fire departments as well as Sparta Fire Department worked until approximately 11 p.m. to ensure the fire was contained.

“These men and women worked like a well-oiled machine and contained this fire to only one end of the home,” said Chief Thomas Steele, of Mt. Gilead Volunteer Fire Department whose jurisdiction the structure is located. “There are two rooms with significant fire damage, and the remainder of the home has minimal smoke damage but an amazing offense by the members who responded.”

Two residents reported suffering some smoke inhalation but declined transport by White County Emergency Medical Service.

American Red Cross was notified to provide services and shelter to the four adults displaced by the fire.

No comments yet.


The comments are closed.

© Copyright 2019 | Sparta Live

SIGN UP FOR MORE! Get special offers and updates from us in your inbox. Sign Up!
+ +