Ready? Set? Show!!
Posted By Sparta Live | April 11, 2002 12:00 am
This Saturday marks the second annual Upper Cumberland Showcase for Women and the first 100 women through the door will receive a free decorative wrought iron garden stake (a $12 value), and The Expositor will hold drawings and games for cash prizes between noon and 2 p.m.
The 2002 Upper Cumberland Showcase for Women takes place on April 13 from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.
Many special activities are already planned for attendees including educational clinics sponsored by numerous area merchants.
– Oreck vacuum demonstrations — Morgan Furniture Center
– Beauty tips — Styled and Polished
– Real Estate tips — Century 21
– Planting tips — White County Farmer’s Co-op
– Interior design tips — Jongee’s Gifts
– Blood pressure checks and cholesterol screenings — White County Community Hospital
– How to clean jewelry — Big J Jewelry
– Auction and real estate tips — Tri-Star Real Estate
– Introduction of new skin care line — White County Women’s Healthcare
– Pampered Chef product demonstrations — Jody Sliger
– Fern care — J & J Produce
– Visual display tips by Home Interior — Gayle Brock
– How to create a silk arrangement — Unique Designs
– Policy seminars — Mike Ryan of AFLAC
In addition, Kroger will be offering free food samples, and the Senior Circle will present bingo games throughout the day.
To secure tickets for the second annual Upper Cumberland Showcase for Women, visit The Expositor or the following White County businesses:
– Morgan Furniture Center
– Styled and Polished
– Tri-Star Real Estate and Auction
– ERG Realty
– White County Farmers Coop
– Big J Jewelry
– The Natural Answer
– J & J Produce
– Unique Designs
– State Farm Insurance
In Cookeville, tickets may be purchased at Ready, Set, Grow; in Crossville, interested parties will find tickets for sale at Elite Repeats.
The Expositor suggests buying tickets in advance as attendance is limited.
Tickets are $5.00 with 20 percent being donated to fund a Tennessee Technological University nursing scholarship for a White County student.
*Winners for the Styled and Polished make overs have been announced and are: Angie Saylors, Marla Farley, Amy Burchett and Beth Farmer.
These ladies will be transformed the day of the women’s show with new hair color, hair style, polished nails and a new outfit furnished by The Outlet Store and The Expositor.
Don’t miss their transformations!
**Must be 18 years of age to qualify for Grand Prize drawing and must be present to win.