Please review the dress code changes for the 22/23 school year at WCHS.
The following shall NOT be worn to school: (updated)
- Saggy/baggy/excessively wide-legged pants (“saggy/baggy” means no exposed underwear; pants should be worn at the natural waistline)
- Bare midriff, halters, fishnet, or tank top (“bare midriff” when a student lifts his/her arms to shoulder level the midriff should not be exposed; when a student sits his/her back should not be exposed; when in doubt wear another shirt underneath)
- Revealing necklines
- Cleated shoes
- Clothing or articles related to gangs
- Trench coats
- Suggestive slogans; vulgar captions; pictures or advertisements for tobacco or alcoholic products; logos that depict death or violence
- Headdress for boys or girls includes but is not limited to Hats, Caps, Bonnets, Bandanas, Helmets, Hoods, Headbands, Headscarves
- No pajamas or loungewear
- Hair color and style must not be distracting or disruptive.
- No item of clothing should have any type of material hanging down such as straps, strings, chains, or belts.
- Jewelry must not be distracting/disruptive or unsafe
- Valuable clothes and jewelry are discouraged
- Shorts - must touch the top of your knees
- Traditional backpacks are acceptable---no oversized backpacks or bags unless approved for school events (sports, etc)
- Skirt length or slits in skirts must touch the top of the knee.
- Pants length must not drag the floor
- No tinted glasses/sunglasses unless doctor prescribed
- No tank tops or spaghetti straps
- Leggings, jeggings, and other compression-style garments may be worn so long as an opaque top garment covers the bottom.
- No spandex or compression style shorts
- Skin and undergarments must be covered with opaque clothing from the midriff to the top of the knee.
- Holes in clothes are permitted from the top of the knee and lower
- Limited to one facial piercing in the nose. Clear or skin-colored spacers are acceptable.
- No Blankets
1st Offense: Lunch detention and student must change or go home (recorded on discipline record)
2nd Offense: 3 sessions of In-School Suspension and student must change or go home
3rd Offense: 10 days of Alternative School